- Oct 20
The Discovery Center has a Kids Night at the Museum on the second Friday of each month until January! Come on out to allow your kids to experience great hands on activities a learn more about their local museum $15 per child. See flyer for more information.
- Oct 19
Come and get your holiday shopping done at the 22nd Annual Junior League of Ocala Autumn Gift Market! Featuring over 50 vendors from all over Florida with unique hand crafts, jewelry, clothing, wreaths, leather, wood and much more! Admission is only $5 and all proceeds are donated to Ocala Recreation and Parks to build, replace and maintain playground and park equipment.
- Oct 19
Get an in-depth look at Super Kids Save the World during Super Saturdays! This program includes story time, hands-on science, and a craft within the newest exhibit at the Discovery Center. Admission is a $2 add-on to regular exhibit admission ($6/person or $20/family of four). The next Super Saturday will be held Oct. 28. For more information, please call 352-401-3900.
- Oct 19
Help bring the Levitt AMP Ocala Music Series back next year! Your vote counts! Voting opens on November 1st but you register now at the link below. Vote and show your support for Ocala! #levittampocala #ocala #levittfoundation #mcaocala
- Oct 19
Thank you to everyone that came out to our Fish Fry Fundraiser! We raised over $700 for our fall Senior Fishing Derby happening on Monday, Nov. 6!
- Oct 19
Fun group bus trips for our active adults 50+! A little something for everyone.For more information, call Grace at 352-629-8357.
A Guide to Ocala Parks
1307 NW Fourth Ave.
Ocala, Florida 34475
The Rules of Play
The following partial list of park rules and regulations is provided to help ensure that your visit with us is as safe and enjoyable as possible.
- Please be responsible for the safety of yourself and your family.
- You can play here from sunrise to sunset.
- Lighted courts close at 10 p.m.Help us to provide a smoke free place for our children to play - refrain from smoking near playgrounds or other places where children might gather.
- Well behaved dogs on leashes are welcome to play; but not on the Jervey Gantt walking trail and not on playgrounds. (Scoop the poop - kids play here too!)
- Make memories not messes - put trash in its place.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, scooters or skateboards are not permitted on courts or trails.
- Amplified sound, assemblies, camping, commercial applications, overnight parking, portable amusement devices, public demonstrations and solicitations by approval and permit of the Recreation and Park’s Director only.
- To ensure a safe place to play, the following activities are not permitted in city parks: alcoholic beverages, digging (i.e. as would be typical with activities such as treasure hunting), drugs, feeding, harassing, releasing or taking of animals, firearms or fireworks except as permitted by Florida Statute, off road vehicles and swimming in ponds.
The City of Ocala parks are maintained by city and contract crews. If you have any maintenance concern please bring it to our attention.Events Logistics and Enforcement Services
PARKS OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
The Events Logistics and Enforcement Services program was developed to address security issues, provide natural resource management and education programs and to provide information related to park operations to park patrons. If you have parks operational concerns, please contact us. Sports Turf and Athletic Fields
Sports field and turf grass maintenance for all City of Ocala's fields, inclusive of mowing, irrigation, chemicals, fertilizer applications, infields grooming, sand volleyball courts, layout/painting of various sports and all turf maintenance practices.
Want to Hold a Party in the Park?
Picnic Pavilions (and even some parks) can be reserved for group gatherings. Whether it is a family birthday party, a family reunion, or even a corporate picnic, we can assist you with identifying the best facility to meet your needs. For more information on reserving a pavilion or facility, go to our online registration system, (reservation fees apply) or call 352-368.5500. For your reference, below is a list of other phone numbers/websites you might find helpful in your quest to enjoy the great outdoors!
Marion County Parks and Recreation 352-671-8560
Ocala National Forest Visitor Center 352-236-0288
Florida State Parks Information Center 850-245-2157